Summer time is finally here and we all know what that means….It is time to get your boat back in the water!
Most boat lifts sit unused for months during the winter. Boat Lift Distributors recommends you do a Pre-Summer Boat Lift Maintenance Check to get your lift ready for the summer season. If you follow the guidelines below, you will have your boat lift working like a well oiled machine in no time. Need to replace fraying cable or other spare parts? No problem! Call us at Boat Lift Distributors and we will get you anything you need for your boat lift!
- Inspect all cables before each use- is there fraying; rust; kinks
- Signs of wear and tear- Replace immediately.
- Cables have limited lifetime and should be replaced periodically.
- **Tip**Rinse cables & lift with fresh water after every use. This will prolong the life of your cable.
- Grease worm gear, drive gear & all bearings or bushings regularly to gear ensure doesn’t seize up. (monthly)
- Grease all grease fittings on gear plate regularly, including fitting located between plate and gear.
- Make sure the drive belt is tight but not too tight.
- Check all screws and bearings regularly.
- Check for signs of rust.
- Pay special attention to capacitor cover.
- Check to ensure that motor is not retaining water.
- Open up switch to make sure it is not retaining water or ants, etc.
- Inspect pulleys monthly for wear and tear
- Make sure all bolts and nuts are tight
- Make sure sheaves are greased. This prevents squeaking and eventually seizing.
Bunks & Brackets
- Wooden Bunks- Are there tears in the carpet/ Is wood rotting ; May need to be replaced periodically.
- Brackets- check for cracks and rusting; tighten any loose bolts.
- Make sure wired zincs are completely submerged at all times
- Replace at 50% wear.